View our services below
Adolescent Medicine is the sub-specialty of Paediatrics which focuses on the stage of
adolescence -the transition between childhood and adulthood. Adolescent Medicine Specialists are specifically trained Paediatricians who work with teenagers and pre-teens to help them manage their many healthcare needs. These needs often go beyond medical conditions to include supporting relationships with parents and friends, emotional and mental health
concerns, school success and the development of positive self-esteem, wellness and behavioural habits. This holistic care is delivered in an environment which supports the development of teenagers into young adults.
Through the tween and teen years, young people and their parents benefit from the specific approach of the Adolescent Medicine Specialist for:
- Annual Health Visits and Psychosocial/Behavioural Assessments
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder)
- General Teen Health and Guidance
- Healthy Weight Management
- Management of Chronic Medical Conditions and Adherence
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms
- Menstrual Management
- Parent Education and Support
- Pubertal Assessments
- School liaison and Support
Sometimes the smallest patients require the most specialized care! A Paediatric
Cardiologist is a specialist trained in diagnosing and treating heart problems found inchildren which are usually very different from adults.The Paediatric Cardiology service at ABC Paediatrics involves identification and management of various heart conditions in our children by our Cardiologist.
Some of conditions our Cardiologist manages include:
- Evaluation of cardiac murmurs
- Evaluation of chest pain to assess for cardiac aetiology
- Evaluation of syncope (fainting) to assess for cardiac aetiology
- Evaluation of palpitations to assess for cardiac aetiology
- Evaluation of exercise- induced symptoms to assess for cardiac aetiology
- Evaluation of hypertension (high blood pressure) to assess for cardiac causes
- Evaluation and management of cardiac sequelae of pulmonary hypertension
- Diagnosis and management of all forms of congenital heart disease (babies with heart problems since birth)
- Diagnosis and management of paediatric cardiomyopathy (abnormal cardiac function)
- Diagnosis and management of arrhythmia (abnormal/ irregular, fast or slow heart rhythms)
- Perform paediatric transthoracic echocardiography (diagnostic ultrasound imaging of the heart)
- Pre and post assessment and treatment of paediatric cardiac surgery patients
- Preventive Cardiology- along with other specialists at ABC will offer management of hypertension, high cholesterol and obesity.
- Future- fetal echocardiography and antenatal counselling
- ECGs and Echocardiograms are also done in office.
Concerns regarding your child’s development is very important to us at ABC Paediatrics as early intervention is crucial in improving their outcome which impacts, not only the child, but also their family, friends and community.
Developmental delay or concerns can be present in their:
– Motor Skills
– Learning ability
– Social interaction
At ABC Paediatrics, we can provide assessments for children with any type of developmental concern. Some of these include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Medicals for children who are not progressing in school academically/learning disability
- (Assessment of cognitive ability/learning ability in children up to a cognitive age of 8yrs)
- Genetic syndromes eg Down syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Speech Delay
- Motor skills delay- gross motor and fine motor skills delay
- Concerns with behavior and social skills
Our specialist is also trained to assess children at risk of abuse or where there are concerns
regarding child abuse.
The Paediatric Endocrinology Service at ABC Paediatrics deals with problems related to an
imbalance in the hormones related growth and development in children.
We treat a wide range of Paediatric endocrine disorders including:
• Adrenal disorders
• Bone and mineral metabolism
• Growth disorders
• Juvenile diabetes
• Menstrual disorders
• Overweight disorders
• Pituitary disorders
• Polycystic ovaries
• Puberty disorders
• Sex differentiation
• Testicular disorders
• Thyroid disorders
Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Gastroenterology & Hepatology
This specialty deals with disorders of children’s intestinal tract, pancreas, liver and nutrition. Your child may need to see a Paediatric Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist if he/she has symptoms such as vomiting, difficulty swallowing, abdominal pain, difficulty passing stool, diarrhoea, blood in the stools, blood in the vomit, poor weight gain, jaundice, abnormal liver tests.
Conditions that can be diagnosed and treated include but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Biliary atresia
- Coeliac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Esophageal strictures
- Food protein induced allergic proctocolitis
- Foreign body ingestion
- Functional abdominal pain
- Functional constipation
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Helicobacter pylori
- Intestinal polyps
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Obesity related liver disease
- Pancreatic insufficiency
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Portal hypertension
- Ulcerative colitis
At ABC Paediatrics, our aim is to help you meet your breastfeeding goals as there are numerous benefits for both you and your baby.
Our Lactation Consultant is available to support and assist you with any breastfeeding concerns that you may have such as:
- Poor Latch
- Painful Nursing
- Low Milk Production
- Use of Breastfeeding Pump
- Safe Storage of Breastmilk
The first few minutes of your child’s journey in life is absolutely critical. Having the right team at your delivery, whether by natural means or by Caesarean delivery is the best gift you can give to your baby from the start. While no one ever wants to think of something happening to your baby at delivery, it is crucial to have persons present who can deal with any unforeseen situations that may arise. A Neonatologist is a specialist paediatrician with extensive knowledge in the care and management of babies being delivered before time (preterm) or at term with special issues. With an internationally trained and award-winning Neonatologist on our team, ABC Paediatrics is the perfect team to be present at your delivery. In the event of a delivery complication, our team is also well equipped to stabilize and transfer your baby (if needed) to a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Some of the special babies we look after including those whose mothers have conditions that may affect the baby.
Some of these are:
- Maternal Diabetes or gestational diabetes.
- Mothers with pre-eclampsia or hypertensive disorders.
- Mothers with thyroid disease, kidney or liver issues and many more
But don’t worry, we are available to all mothers having a delivery and can manage your beautiful bundle of joy for the next 18 plus yearswith the team of paediatricians and specialist paediatricians at ABC Paediatrics. Parenting is hard enough, worrying about your child’scare is no longer hard!
The Pediatric Nephrology service at ABC Paediatrics offers the management of
the entire spectrum of kidney and urinary diseases in children.
The service includes the diagnosis and treatment of children with the following diseases and conditions:
- Acute glomerulonephritis
- Acute kidney failure
- Blood in urine (hematuria)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Congenital urologic and nephrologic disorders
- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)
- Genetic and inherited kidney disorders
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- IgA nephropathy (Berger's disease)
- In utero kidney anomalies
- Kidney Stones
- Lupus nephritis
- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis
Brain development starts during pregnancy and continues to evolve in childhood. A Paediatric or child Neurologist specializes in the assessment, diagnosis, and management of disorders of the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, muscles and nerves from birth to young adulthood.The conditions dealt with by pediatric neurologists vary considerably, from common disorders such as headaches or seizures to rarer conditions such as neurometabolic diseases or neurodegenerative disorders.
The range of conditions include:
– Childhood epilepsy and seizures
– Headache disorders including migraines
– Movement disorders such as cerebral palsy and management of spasticity
– Developmental regression
– Neuromuscular disorders including muscular dystrophies
– Neuropsychiatric disorders
– Vascular neurology
– Inflammatory and infectious CNS diseases
– Neurorehabilitation for example following Traumatic Brain Injury and major
– Neurodegenerative disorders
– Neurocutaneous syndromes and genetic diseases of the nervous system
– Neurometabolic conditions
The brain is a challenging scientific puzzle and its complex nature often requires many
specialties to be involved. With the premise that parents know what is best for their kids, they are the key players in guiding us to care for our patients. Let’s do all we can to unravel these mysteries and meet your child’s unique needs.
If your child has problems involving the head, spine, or nervous system, a Paediatric
Neurosurgeon has the experience and qualifications to treat your child. Children are not just small adults. Paediatric Neurosurgeons know how to examine and treat children in a way that makes them relaxed and cooperative. If your Paediatrician suggests that your child see a Paediatric Neurosurgeon, you can be assured that he has the widest range of treatment options, the most extensive and complete training, and expertise.
Paediatric Neurosurgeons diagnose, treat, and manage children’s nervous system problems, head and spinal deformities including the following:
- Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors
- Chiari Malformations
- Simple And Complex Hydrocephalus
- Spina Bifida (Open and Occult)
- Intracranial Cysts
- Arachnoid Cysts
- Intracranial Bleeds
- Skull Tumors, Defects, and Fractures
- Brain Herniations (Encephaloceles)
- Tethered Spinal Cord
- Dermoid Cysts
- Brain and Spine Trauma
- Spine Instability
- Congenital Brain and Spine Deformities
General Paediatric Surgery and Laparoscopic Surgery
General Paediatric Surgery and Laparoscopic Surgery:
A Paediatric Surgeon is responsible for diagnosing and providing operative care to children with a variety of illnesses, diseases and health conditions.We also repair birth defects and offer surgical techniques specific to each stage of child development.
Some of these conditions include but are not limited to:
- Surgery for abnormalities of the groin in childhood and adolescence which include
- undescended testes, hernias, hydroceles and varicoceles
- Umbilical hernias
- Release of tongue tie
- Removal of extra digits
- Miscellaneous Lumps
- Appendicectomy for appendicitis
- Biopsy of lesions on the body or in the abdomen and chest
- Abnormalities of gut development and blockage
- Surgical causes of constipation such as Hirschsprung’s disease
- Anal and rectal birth abnormalities
- Treatment of trauma in children
- Central and PICC line insertion for medication
Mental Health includes our emotional, psychological and social well being. It affects howwe think, feel, act, relate to others and make decisions.
At ABC Paediatrics, we understand how important caring for your mental health is
starting from childhood.
Our team of Psychologists are available to provide both therapy and educational testing.
Therapy specialties include:
- Behavioural & Emotional Disorders
Therapy services include:
- Play therapy
- Family Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
Educational testing include:
- Psychoeducational tests
- Personality tests
- Vocational tests
At ABC Paediatrics our team of Dietitians work together with the parents and their
children to plan meals ensuring a balanced diet and improving their overall health.
Our Dietitians can help with the nutritional management in cases such as:
- Picky eaters
- Difficulty weaning
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Eating disorders
Childhood obesity is one of the most serious public health concerns of the 21 st century. The Transformer Programme at ABC Paediatrics works in conjunction with a team of professionals to help kids improve their level of fitness and stamina in order to reach their health goals.
The Transformer team comprises:
- Personal Trainer
- Adolescent Specialist
We will investigate any underlying medical cause for obesity and ensure your kids develophealthy habits to provide sustained weight loss.
Together we will decrease their chances of being bullies or developing eating disorders while also helping to prevent illnesses such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Young girls face many gynaecological issues which can be difficult for both them and their
parents as it is a sensitive topic. They require a doctor who can help them feel safe and
comfortable during discussion and examination while educating and empowering them tounderstand their bodies better.
At ABC Paediatrics, our Gyanecologist’s services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preventive sexual health and guidance for teens and parents
- Problems with periods
- Heavy bleeding
- Frequent bleeding
- Infrequent bleeding
- Absent periods- no period by age 15 or no period after 90 days of having a period.
- Endocrine (hormonal) problems
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – A hormonal disorder that can contribute to subfertility
- Hirsutism- excess facial and body hair
- Genital infection or pain
- Ovarian cysts and masses
- Pelvic pain
- Period pain
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pregnancy-related problems in adolescents
- Tubal (ectopic) pregnancy
- Unintended pregnancy
- Pregnancy prevention (contraception)
- Adolescent sexual health
- Prevention of sexually transmitted infections (STI)
- STI evaluation and treatment
A Better Choice In Paediatric Care
Same Day Appointments are Available.